12TH-13TH AUGUST, 2015.
BACKGROUND: As secondary school students advance towards tertiary education and determine the ultimate direction of their lives, they experience many changes physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Thus, it becomes a most important time to develop self-awareness and the life-long personal effectiveness skills. Consequently, EMEDITH CONSULTING proposes a 2-day ‘personal effectiveness pre-undergraduate conference’ specifically aimed to maximise the tertiary potential of adolescents/pre-undergraduates. This conference will, in simple terms, focus on facilitating desired behaviours as well as eliminating negative and undesirable ones.
At the end of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Analyze different ways to deal positively with others and build effective relationships in and out of school.
- Use practical methods to manage your time better and avoid procrastination.
- Use different techniques to increase your self confidence
- Understand how to overcome peer pressure
- Know and manage yourselves and your relationships better using the key concept of Emotional Intelligence.
- Learn to be assertive, meet needs and work with others
- To explain the philosophy of success.
- To provide time tested motivational principles that allows for success.
- To enable new levels of achievement going into tertiary institutions.
- To provide a platform where dreams can come true.
- Personal Effectiveness Framework
- Self Awareness
- Personal Values, Goals & Skills
- Receiving Feedback
- Self Management
- Being accountable
- Time Management & Avoiding procrastination
- Communication/Personality Styles
- Assertiveness and Getting Needs Met
- Giving Feedback
- Working with People (Relationship Building skills)
- Resolving Conflicts
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE- What does it mean? Why does it matter?
- Feelings Identification and Management
- Communicating feelings underlying behaviour
- Steps in Choosing a Career
- Career Planning Questions
MOTIVATIONAL SUCCESS PRINCIPLES
PRINCIPLE 1- LITTLE THINGS MATTER.
The four (4) themes of ‘Little Things Matter’-
- Knowing what to do is not the same as doing it:
- The ripple effect:
- Make a right choice at the right moment:
- Do not neglect the little things
PRINCIPLE 2- ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
The four (4) themes of ‘Attitude is Everything’-
- Your Philosophy is the key:
- How you see yourself creates your life:
- Change yourself by changing your philosophy:
- What you think matters too:
PRINCIPLE 3- USE THE MOMENT
The four (4) themes of ‘Use The Moment’-
- Your circumstances are not you:
- You cannot control what happens, only your reactions:
- When you stop blaming, you take back your power:
- ‘Someday’ never comes:
PRINCIPLE 4- EVERYTHING STARTS WITH SMALL STEPS
The four (4) themes of “Everything Starts with Small Steps.”
- The first step looks harder than it is:
- There is no such thing as a lucky break:
- Make the steps as small as you can:
- The second step is just as important:
PRINCIPLE 5- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAILURE
The four (4) themes of ‘There is no such thing as failure.’
- Success is built on failure:
- It is all in our head:
- Failure creates unexpected opportunities:
- Failure is another word for learning:
PRINCIPLE 6- HABITS ARE POWERFUL
The four (4) themes of Principle 6
- Habits run your life:
- Make your habits serve you:
- Do not give up a habit, start a new one;
- Take small steps to develop good habits
PRINCIPLE 7- YOU ARE ALWAYS LEARNING
The four (4) themes of Principle 7;
- The earlier you invest, the greater the reward:
- Take advantage of opportunities:
- You need a team on your side;
- Adjust your course continually;
PRINCIPLE 8- MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
The four (4) themes of Principle 8:
Venue: Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel, 292B Ajose Adeogun strret, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Cost: N63, 000 (Mixed African and Continental Buffet Lunch to be served on both days)
Early Bird Discount Applies!
This conference is one of a kind and promises to be a SHINE experience!!!